- Find group-writable or other-writable files:
$ find . -type f -perm -022
- Find only group-writable files:
$ find . -type f -perm -020 ! -perm -022
$ find / -perm -4000
$ find / -perm -4000 -o -perm -2000
- Find SUID or SGID files that are actually executable by user, group, or other:
$ find / -perm -4000 -o -perm -2000 -a -perm +111
- If the mask is unsigned, an exact match on the permissions is required.
- If the mask is +, at least one of the bits set must match.
- If the mask is -, all of the bits set must match.
- When specifying times with find,
- 0 means within the last day (24 hours)
- 1 means between 24 and 48 hours old
- 2 means between 48 and 72 hours old, etc.